Today celebrity chef Dan Churchill joined Furthermore fitness coach Bethany of @be_mindbody_strong at Abington House to whip up some post-workout snacks. The recipes below will help you deliciously refuel, whether you need a light post-yoga snack or a more nourishing meal after a long run.
Watch a full video breakdown of these recipes on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RelatedRentals.
Blueberry Ice Cream Protein Smoothie
300ml Almond Milk, unsweetened
1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberries
1/2 Frozen Banana (optional)
1 Scoop Natural Vanilla Protein
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
-Bowls for ingredients
1. First add the almond milk to your blender, followed by remaining ingredients.
2. Blitz until smooth, pour into glasses and enjoy 🙂
Green Soft Boiled Eggs
1/2 Cup Quinoa
2 Eggs (large)
3 Tbsp Yoghurt, Natural
3 stalks Coriander/Cilantro, roughly chopped
3 Mint stalks, leaves kept (stalks removed)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1/4 cup Roasted spiced Chickpeas (optional)
-1 Small Saucepan
1. Add quinoa to a medium pot with 1 cup of water, bring to the boil, cover and turn to low to cook for 10-12 minutes or until quinoa opens (don’t stir).
2. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and using a spoon carefully place in your eggs.
3. Set your time for 4 minutes, when timer goes off drain, and run under cold water… you could also put them in a bowl of water and place in the freezer. Medium eggs will take 4 minutes.
3.5. Meanwhile, in a blender add your oil followed by your herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth and beautifully green.
4. In small bowl add your yoghurt and herb sauce, but only slightly mix through… you want big bits of green with white…it just looks better ?
5. In a serving bowl, add your quinoa, spoon in your yoghurt herb mix. Crack your egg shells carefully and remove the entire shell before placing on top of the yoghurt… sprinkle over a little more salt and pepper, those chickpeas (optional) before tucking in.
Sweet Potato Stack
3 Tbps Olive oil
1 Large Sweet potato, peeled and cut into circles
1/2 Cup Hummus
350g Grilled Chicken (breast or tenderloin)
handful of Watercress
Pinch of Salt
-Non stick medium pan
Preheat oven to 385 F.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a nonstick frypan on medium-high heat and grill the sweet potato on either side until golden brown (3-4 minutes). Transfer to a baking tray and finish in the oven, for 5-7 minutes, or until the centre cooks through. Spread some hummus on top of the sweet potato, top with chicken and watercress and finish with a drizzle of oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper
NB: You can swap canned tuna for grilled chicken, the same for using arugula instead of watercress and hummus can be rotated in for avocado smash.
Let us know your favorites, and be sure to follow the Related Life on Instagram and Facebook for more fun tips.