1. Central Park
WHY YOU SHOULD GO: nature paths, a zoo, boating, ice skating, but most really we all just want to lay in the grass sometimes!
WHY YOU SHOULD GO: playgrounds, river views, and Gracie Mansion.
3. 92nd Street Y
WHY YOU SHOULD GO: discover a new hobby with their varied class offerings or enjoy a talk or performance from experts in a range of fields.
4. Jan’s Hobby Shop
WHY YOU SHOULD GO: take a trip down memory lane or marvel and the over-flowing collection of classic models, kits and toys.
5. Museum Mile
WHY YOU SHOULD GO: these world -renown museums dotted along Central Park offer something for everyone.
- El Museo del Barrio at 104th Street
- Museum of the City of New York at 103rd Street
- Jewish Museum at 92nd Street
- Cooper-Hewitt National Museum of Design at 91st Street
- National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts at 89th Street
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum at 88th Street
- Neue Galerie at 86th Street
- Metropolitan Museum of Art from 82nd to 86th Streets