Are you having an amazing summer? Have you checked anything off your summer bucket list? Are you chasing the perfect sunset? Did you eat the juiciest watermelon? Have you found the quietest hammock? We want to see it all!
Now through September 4th, we’re hosting an Instagram contest to find the ultimate summer photos. Follow us @Related_Rentals and tag your photos with #MyRelatedSummerContest and #RelatedLife and we’ll choose two winners of $250 and one grand prize winner of $500!
Related Rentals’ My Related Summer Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
- ELIGIBILITY: The Related Rentals My Related Summer Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at a minimum 21 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Related Rentals (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and all their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Related Rentals, 423 West 55th Street, New York, NY 10019 (the “Sponsor”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on August 14, 2017 at 9:00 am and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on September 4, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). Entries submitted prior to or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
- TO ENTER: Enter the Contest by posting to Instagram your photo interpretation of “My Related Summer”. Each posted entry must include a photo as well as the hashtag #RelatedLife and #MyRelatedSummerContest to @Related_Rentals (on Instagram). All entry materials (including the photo and location) submitted during the entry process are referred to below as the “Entry.” Entrant must have a public Instagram account to enter and must follow @Related_Rentals when posting through Instagram. Photos posted on Instagram must be done in accordance with the Entry requirements and conditions set forth in Paragraph 6 below. LIMIT: One (1) photo entry per day during the Contest Period (max 21 entries per person).
- ENTRY REQUIRMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Entry must not have been submitted previously in a contest or promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- The Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity, or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- The Entry must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or that promotes discrimination, including without limitation, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Entry must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights including without limitation any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or that makes reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly-displayed and publicly-accessible Sponsor content, materials, and products are permitted for this Contest.
- Any clothing shown in the Entry should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party content or materials. (But showing publicly-displayed or publicly-accessible Sponsor content, material, and products as described above is permitted.)
- The Entry photo must not include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
- Photo(s) must be taken by the entrant his or herself.
- The Entry must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest. The Entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor. Entries must not reference any of Sponsor’s competitors.
- Each Entrant grants to Sponsor the license and other rights in and to his/her Entry and each Entrant agrees to execute documents confirming such rights at Sponsor’s reasonable request. By entering, you understand that the photo portion of your Entry may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: For the good and valuable consideration of participating in the Contest and having your Entry considered for use by Sponsor, or any of their websites and/or as otherwise detailed below, sufficiency of which, you hereby acknowledge, you hereby grant to Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, brands, subsidiaries, successors, licensees, agents and agencies and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the “Contest Entities”), a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Entry, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or later discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). You also hereby grant to the Contest Entities an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable and transferable right to use your name, likeness, Entry, nickname, user name, Instagram and/or Twitter user name, and biographical information (collectively “Personal Content”) as contained in your Entry, in composite or distorted form or as otherwise incorporated into other creative works of authorship, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or later discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of an Entry constitutes your agreement that the Contest Entities are permitted (but are not obligated) to display the Entry online (whether on Contest Entities’ web pages, applications or on third party web pages or applications), to incorporate the Entry in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Entry in all media now known or later developed. In addition, you hereby grant to the Sponsor a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license in and to all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry. You represent and warrant that: (i) the Entry and the use of your Entry contemplated in these Official Rules does not and will not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right (personal, proprietary, or otherwise) or violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright, trademark and other related rights to the Entry and Personal Content, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances and without violating the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation any right of privacy or publicity or any other personal or proprietary right. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, misdirected entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; or other connection miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Contest. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple email or wireless phone numbers or accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void the entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute in regards to any entry or registration, the authorized account holder of the Related Rentals account used to enter register will be deemed to be the entrant.
- CONTEST JUDGING CRITERIA: The winners will be determined by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges (“Judges”) from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, based on the following criteria:
- Content – How well utilized is the content (e.g., location in a city, historic landmark, location in a remote area, etc.) in the photo (34%)
- Shot Composition – Artistic positioning of elements in a manner that supports the theme (33%)
- Uniqueness – Something that sets the photo apart (e.g., bird’s eye view, underwater, in action) (33%)
All eligible Entries will be judged from 12:00 a.m. ET on September 5, 2017 through 5:00 p.m. ET on September 7, 2017. The top three (3) entrants overall with the highest judges score will be declared the winners, with the highest overall score being the grand prize winner. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based 100% on artistic appeal of the composition and subject matter and a winner will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects
- NOTIFCATION AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via email, Instagram or telephone (whichever is available) within two (2) days of final determination of judging results. Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) and IRS Form W-9 within two (2) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, or a potential winner declines, or is disqualified for any reason, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place based on the judges score ranking from among all eligible entries.
Grand Prize One (1) total winner. The winner will receive $500 in the form of a MasterCard gift card.
Second Prize Two (2) total winners. Each winner will receive $250 in the form of a MasterCard gift card.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensees an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise and publicize your name, signature, likeness, photograph(s), as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that the Sponsor may take of you or your designated guest, if you are a winner (in their sole discretion), in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Sponsor shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to, website, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. You or your designated guest shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
- PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in this Contest, and by providing this information, you authorize Related Companies (Related) to collect, process and use such information for lawful, Related business purposes; to store your information at and transmit it to various locations either directly or through third party vendors. To learn more about our data collection and usage practices, please see our Privacy Statement at http://www.related.com
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to typographical errors, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”), from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- CONTEST RESULTS: To find out the name of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 4, 2017 to: The Related Rentals My Related Summer Photo Contest Winners, 423 West 55th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10019.